NO LOADED GUNS IN THE CLASSROOM!
Handguns will be inspected for safety.
Texas On Duty First Responder Training Courses
This course is designed for twenty-eight (28) hours of classroom instruction, field instruction, student exam, and the proficiency demonstration. Attachments are included with directions for the practical exercises, range drills, student exam, and an approximated schedule.
This class includes range time.
The material contained within this document was created by the Texas Department of Public Safety (DPS), as the instructional guideline for Texas License To Carry a Handgun (LTC) Instructors to use in accordance with House Bill 1069.
Outlined objectives are classroom training in:
- De-escalation techniques
- Tactical thinking relating to cover for and concealment of the license holder
- Methods to conceal a handgun and methods to ensure the secure carrying of a concealed handgun
- The use of restraint holsters and methods to ensure the secure carrying of an openly carried handgun
- Consequences of improper use of a handgun
It will also provide field instruction in the use of handguns, including:
- Instinctive or reactive shooting
- Tactical shooting
- Shooting while moving
- Shooting in low light conditions